Sun 13
Trysull Tigers West
Bilbrook East U13's
E B (42'), (60'), R S (49')
Stunning Fightback see's U13's East into Round 3 of the League Cup

Stunning Fightback see's U13's East into Round 3 of the League Cup

By Paul White
Share via

Match Report

Bilbrook could not of made a worse start to this round 2 cup tie. After going close in the opening 30 seconds of the game, Trysull broke away and after Jesse had initially made a great save, the ball fell right into the path of another Trysull player who slotted home in an empty net.

Trysull had control of the game and came close again not long after, but Bilbrook re-grouped and defended solidly. However on 21 minutes we fell further behind, losing the ball in midfield and then failing to clear our lines cost us and we were 2-0 down. Bilbrook managed to create one clear cut chance before half time but were denied by the post.

Half Time - Trysull Tigers 2-0 Bilbrook East

Some words from the management during the break to rally the team had got them going from the start of the second half and an early goal is all that was missing. Then 7 minutes in we made our breakthrough, the ball bouncing around in midfield fell at Ethan's feet who put on his afterburners, cleared the defenders and slotted home low past the goalkeepers left. 2-1 and game on.

This gave the team belief and 5 minutes later we were level. Ethan again had used his pace to get into the Trysull box and won a corner on the right-hand side. Alexander curled in a left-footed cross which made its way to the back post and Roberto with a bullet header from close range scored his 6th goal of the season.

A formation change then half way through the second half was made as we looked to get in front. Both teams at this point were giving their all going forward and making sure they stayed tight at the back. Then 10 minutes from time a clearance from Luke fell to Aaron halfway inside the Trysull half then played a lovely through ball to the feet of Ethan, who again kept his cool and slid the ball under the body of the rushing goalkeeper. It was to be a long 10 minutes after that.

The final whistle came which caused scenes of delight amongst the Bilbrook lads and parents, the turn around was complete and Bilbrook were deservedly into the next round of the League Cup.

Full Time - Trysull Tigers 2-3 Bilbrook East

Share via

Match details

Match date

Sun 13, Oct 2019



Meet time